Holding on 'til the next shift.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

S'a hammerin'.

#126 2013-08-22 08:08:42

Egbert
S'a hammerin'.

Re: Feature Requests

With regards to the message telling you how many points you have, I don't think that's an unreasonable request. I actually tried to do something similar before, but there's a problem with sending people messages on death, in that, well... they don't arrive. I will try either adding a timer, so, on death, it sends you the message after 5-10 seconds (should be ample time for the alive/dead transition to get out of the way. Alternatively, I'll set it so it sends the message on resurrect.

As far as the dkit goes, I was thinking of adding a name box to the dialog so you can just choose your own, subject to it not already being in use.

#127 2013-08-22 20:08:05

Haap

There should be a designated area/arena where things such as trainings or tournaments are held so people dont accumulate deathpoints at that specific location (of possible). Some people might not want to participate in such events if they accmulate deathpoints because it will limit/prohibit playing/hunting with that character for some time after to avoid permadeath.

#128 2013-08-23 03:53:12

Rotip

I don't know I kind of like the idea that a person can die in a tournament it adds danger to it, a tournament shouldn't be something a person walks in thinking "Nothing bad could happen to me", an accidental death at a tournament should be able to happen, I understand the intention is to draw up participation but the town isn't supposed to be a military stronghold it's regular people who have taken up arms against a plague invasion. They aren't professionals and mistakes may happen, and people should be weary about fighting for sport as livelihood depends on not being hurt.

#129 2013-08-23 08:26:55

Craystor Rake

what he said *Points above*

#130 2013-08-23 11:59:21

Althalus Khalorson

I agree with Rotip and Craystor on this one, it makes it more worth the risk if there is a more substantial reward though which may encourage people to participate more than removing the fear of death I think.

You can always just say you yield or some such so you don't get knocked if your worried about getting too close.

#131 2013-08-24 04:56:46

Linaeus
Administrator

That's a very good point. If you die in a tournament, chances are you were taking an unnecessary risk and fighting while already wounded. So, the old wound re-opened. Now you've bled out in the arena. Good job.

#132 2013-08-24 12:20:12

Fox

I didn't like the idea, and everyone here has summed up my objections as well. There should be risk in hitting each other with weapons. There should be the chance that the person sparring you has it out for you and will take advantage of the tournament to weaken you and kill you later. These things make the game fun, and this particular game should be very risky.

#133 2013-08-24 12:32:33

Althalus Khalorson

on a different note undead and stamina, now that special moves are in the shard undead need some way of regening stamina to be able to use them, currently the ways of food or potions can not be used as you get the msg about not having a working digestive system. I've not really worried about it too much up until now though it has caused my undead several deaths due to not being able to run.

im not sure which would be best reintroduction of focus or make ss regen some stamina as well as health or a refresh style necro spell would be my suggestions.

#134 2013-08-24 12:42:41

Althalus Khalorson

I think focus might be the fairest with everyone needing more stamina regen to use the special moves but undead need something to counterbalance the living stamina regen methods

#135 2013-08-24 13:52:35

Haap

IMO undeads dont have stamina or endurance, they are magicly reanimated, they dont have lungs or muscles that tire,  they shouldnt loose/gain stamina, they shouldnt have stamina period. Make undeads use mana for special moves, undeads should be more powerful then the average human joe if you ask me. (PS: I dont have an undead or any desire to have one in the future)

#136 2013-08-24 13:55:56

Haap

I dont think focus skill should be introduced here btw, i like the fact that stamina is a bit scarce, you have to use the stamina you have with great care, use it wisely etc etc.

#137 2013-08-24 15:49:24

Delfer

I agree with not having focus. Really disliked the fact that I need to throw away 80-100 points just to keep up with other fighters.
As for the undead, well, perhaps they should just be allowed to.. eat? Or maybe give them another 'undead'-esque item that is consumable and gives them as much as stamina as their human counterparts.

Or perhaps Spirit Speak could also give them stamina.

#138 2013-08-24 15:55:46

Egbert
S'a hammerin'.

I like the idea of a necro spell that exchanges mana for stam.

#139 2013-08-24 16:19:13

Kayin

I am not playing Defiled myself at the moment - but at the moment them seem to run out of steem way to fast without being able to recover stamina. 2-3 hits from a mace fighter and you are not a threat at all because of your drained stamina.. You attack way to slow after that to finish anyone off before they heal up with bandies/pots :=)
So some kind of regen should be give to Defiled players,

I agree with Haap on Defiled characters should be slightly stronger than humans, but its hard to balance things out.. so one undead cannot take on the entire village.

#140 2013-08-24 16:20:50

Althalus Khalorson

the only problem with that is you need mana to heal so if you have a spell for it your taking from your healing pool where as living can just drop a total refresh pot and have a bandage going at the same time as well as heal and cure pots kinda at a major advantage over the undead

#141 2013-08-24 17:27:22

Haap

Undeads dont feel pain and they dont feel tired. Nuffsaid! tongue

#142 2013-08-25 22:40:53

Kayin

Truuuue that smile

#143 2014-10-28 15:13:19

Althalus Khalorson

I've had a thought about forges, specifically portable ones, would it be possible to make a portable forge, maybe using the brazier graphic that weighs something silly like 150 so its only really usable for long mining expeditions (may make some good roll play, a three day mining camp smile )  not something folks would leave in their bag all the time as its far to heavy to lug around but can load up supplies and a forge in a packhorse  and go for a trip, that way can make proper mining expeditions to the far mountains and such more viable for events etc or even just hiring someone  as a bodyguard for the trip and going for a re-stock of resources.

I'm thinking something that uses fuel, say 1 bag of charcoal keeps it burning for about the same time as a camp fire to use for smelting then you would need to re-load it with more charcoal

You could make a bag of charcoal requiring say 10 wood used on a camp fire to char it and weighing say 15

So you set out with a load of bags of charcoal, your portable forge and your pile of pick axes, that's basically your pack horse full when you set off then as you use charcoal and picks whilst your out the weight gets used and you come back with leftovers, your forge and your Iron.

Also first aid kits got me thinking, veterinary supplies that allow you to use your healing skill and anat instead of animal lore and vet to take care of pets such as pack horses, similar sort of cost to make single shot as the first aid kits but do a bandages worth of healing to a pet so still expensive enough that a proper vet char can make a good roll but useful to keep things ticking over until one gets made maybe?

#144 2014-10-28 16:51:15

Tom

I can't really see us making portable forges... IC I don't see how they're being transported but almost more importantly; we want resource gathering to more difficult, if anything; and I see turning ore into ingots on the fly as being a huge problem for resource inflation.

On the other hand, I could see small forging shacks built in strategic locations being an option. If the problem is that there's no forge on a far end of the map, one could be built in that location. Granted, the shack may be taken over periodically by brigands or orcs that will have to be cleared out. I think that might be a fair tradeoff.

#145 2014-10-28 18:04:16

Althalus Khalorson

would certainly give more reason to take bodyguards with you on a mining expedition, it was kind of inspired by the portable forges they use for re-shoeing horses these days and noticing the forge by the cave north of brit from the ea servers wasn't there so I tried to think of an alternative

#146 2014-11-04 01:55:00

Meirel

I got a interesting suggestion regarding the 'smart' undead and this bounty thing that Tom has going.

Have a bounty on the undead as well as they have been causing just as much trouble for the town as the rest of these bounties. Make it like a 150g per kill. It encourage a greater risk reward between the two factions. As this will effect both parties, the humans having to weight the chance of getting hurt or killed by the undead for a nice amount of gold that can they can use to better arm themselves at the union prices and helps circulate gold a little better. While The undead, maybe not seeming to care about it will have maybe a little more interaction with people then just solo playing to the point they might have to better organised themselves into groups.

Now, with the undead if they are killed. What can the human's take as proof, people think their weapons that they use. Well with the last rp I saw, no one wants to touch their cursed gear. Now as I was thinking other then that is try and have the undead 'spawn' in with a stone or a bone or something that the human's can collect as the proof of the 'kill'.

this being said I would hope this would encourage;

more a risk reward system
more interaction and rp between the two factions, then just the undead hunting us
more gold being used and spent (with the union prices from the trades men) to better hunt the undead with
and of course the town getting better set for the coming doom, now that they have proved them selfs (or not) against the undead force.

Elise
Raelyn

#147 2017-02-06 12:50:29

Faden Wildheart

Just a few things

- dedicated bugs and feature forums for easy searching
- mobile forum skin

Board footer