The Midnight Watch

Holding on 'til the next shift.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

S'a hammerin'.

#1 2013-08-18 18:30:21

Tom

*Posted around town*

People of Blackwell. I’ve recently come down with an illness that may leave me bedridden for quite some time. While I’m of able mind as I write this, the fever has been steadily rising and I fear I will soon not be able to carry on my mayoral duties until I have recovered. The disease is not the plague, and is non-fatal, but I may be out of commission for nearly a month. I’ve been informed it’s something similar to the common cold, but far worse.

In my absence, I’ve decide to appoint an acting mayor. For this position, I have selected one “Rurik Keres.”

He has acted as a personal advisor to me during my time as mayor, and even before the fact, during my campaign.

The acting mayor is to have all the same duties and powers as the true mayor, with the following exceptions.

1. An acting mayor may not omit an existing law.
2. An acting mayor may not alter an existing law.
3. An acting mayor may add a new law, only if that new law does not contradict an existing law.
4. An acting mayor may only declare a Stage One or Stage Two Crisis if the decision is seconded by another public official (Knight-Preceptor, Sheriff, Captain, Deputy.)
5. An acting mayor must relinquish their position once the true mayor is capable of resuming their duties.

I apologize in advance for my absence, but I have full faith in Rurik. I look forward to returning to my duties, and serving the town again as soon as I am possibly able.

Signed,
Isaac Keres IV, Mayor of Blackwell

Board footer