You are not logged in.

Announcement

S'a hammerin'.

#1 2013-08-08 08:29:45

Egbert
S'a hammerin'.

A letter slipped under Isaac's office door

Mister Isaac,

It's about Jake. Some time back, a Mister Jake Jeckel was brought in on burglary charges, but released due to insufficient evidence. I have reason to believe he's still operating as a thief.

The Captain tells me that since his release, there are rumours of his having broken into and robbed more houses, including the Captain's, which was vandlised by way of being filled with cats.

A note was left in a container in the Captain's burgled house, signed by one "Raven". We believe this to be the alias currently in use by Jake. This is the same signature as the note given to Mister Leon.

Yesterday evening, a Mister Finn Herrik confronted the that's been staying on your estate about stealing his gold. He said that he'd marked his coins, and if the girl turned out her purse, he'd be able to prove it was her. She did not comply, and the Sheriff, who was present, said that Herrik had no basis to accuse her, and told him to leave.

Finn was later seen threatening the girl by Miss Sasha. He reportedly used the words "you'll die for what you've done."

Later in the day, it was reported to me by Rurik Keres that he'd seen two people in the Keres estate, leaving your office. They were described to me as a man in green robes, and a man in dark armour with a blue bandana. The girl suspected that it was Finn, come to get his revenge, aided by Jake Jeckel, who is said to commonly be seen with:

- Some sort of robe
- A large square shield

After Rurik saw them, they bolted, and myself and Craystor were brought in to investigate. The girl, reporting that she knew where Jake hid out in the woods, showed us the way, and eventually, we were able to find the entrance to his hideout. After the girl bypassed the lock, we were able to search the premesis for evidence that Jake was involved in the crime.

In a box behind the bed, we found:
- Over four thousand gold
- Magic scrolls
- Gems
- A green robe and armour, matching the girl's description

As we were searching, a man stumbled in. Given the remote location, and the fact that he was wearing a robe and a heater shield, I can only assume it was Jake himself. However, with no basis to make such an accusation, we made him sit and watch while we rifled through the proceeds of his crimes, taking the evidence that would surely damn him, with him unable to object lest he damn himself. I would be lying if I said it was not a satisfying moment.

This is surely evidence that he has not mended his ways since his previous brush with the law, and that possibly, he was engaged with Mister Herrik in a plot to harm or kill the young girl.

I hope this information is useful to you.

- Derek

Board footer